The Disability Foundation (TDF) is seeking volunteer Therapeutic and Sports Massage Therapists, to work as part of a team of over thirty-five complementary therapists. This is an excellent opportunity to develop skills and expertise within a professional and supportive environment.
TDF is a small registered charity based in the grounds of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, London, HA7 4LP. TDF is independent of the RNOH and receives no NHS or statutory funding. TDF offers affordable complementary therapies to anyone affected by a disability or chronic ill-health (whether seen or unseen, temporary or permanent); their families; carers and NHS staff. They also treat the non-disabled public.
What they can offer:
- First-hand experience and practice hours working with clients, of all ages, with a wide range of short and long-term health conditions
- Mentoring and support from TDF’s experienced senior therapists and support team
- After six months volunteering, Volunteer Therapists who wish to participate, may be considered for volunteering on the RNOH Wards Project
- After six months volunteering, occasional opportunities for paid Outreach work (events, care homes, support organisations, etc.)
- Treatment room, towels and oils provided
- Client appointments arranged
- Hours worked contribute towards CPD points
- Travel expenses up to £15.00 per week
What they are looking for:
- Commitment of six to twelve months
- Available four hours per week. TDF is open Monday to Saturday (including Thursday evenings)
- Qualification to practice from a recognised body - Level 3 or above
- Up to date insurance documents
- Satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service certificate (TDF will apply & pay on your behalf) and references
If you would like to apply please email your CV and a short covering letter specifying which therapy you would be able to offer and your expected availability.