Enable is a Substance Misuse Service which is run in partnership with the NHS and Humankind. The team operates from two sites in Enfield to provide a wide range of substance misuse services to local residents including, substitute prescribing, community detox, criminal justice interventions, community care assessments, a comprehensive group work programme, primary health care as well as a wide range of other interventions to non-opiate and alcohol users.
We are looking for therapists who are qualified in or nearing the end of a substantial training in at least one of the following therapies or similar:
- Massage therapy
- Yoga therapy
Whilst there is no financial remuneration, we do ask therapists to see it as an extension of CPD, an opportunity to develop professional expertise whilst helping some of the most vulnerable members of society. This is an emerging area of medicine and NHS experience may help with longer term career prospects.
You will need:
- A recognised qualification in a complementary therapy
- To be able to offer a minimum of 4 hours every fortnight
- A confident and friendly approach
- Basic IT skills
- An understanding of the importance of guidelines and procedures relating to key areas such as safeguarding and information governance
- Willingness to undergo a DBS check if required for the role
- To provide references and qualifications
- A respectful and non-judgemental manner
- Willingness to attend and complete relevant training
- Willingness to attend regular supervision sessions with your supervisor.
How to apply: Please provide a brief covering letter to:email@example.com