Page last updated 26 August 2020
The deadline for the first grant in this scheme closed on 30 June.
If you were eligible for the first grant and can confirm to HMRC that your business has been adversely affected on or after 14 July 2020, you’ll be able to make a claim for a second and final grant from 17 August 2020.
The second grant is limited to 70 per cent of average profits up to a limit of £6,570.
You do not need to have claimed the first grant in order to be eligible for the second.
Your business could be adversely affected by coronavirus if, for example:
- you’re unable to work because you:
- are shielding
- are self-isolating
- are on sick leave because of coronavirus
- have caring responsibilities because of coronavirus,
- you have had to scale down, temporarily stop trading or incurred additional costs because:
- your supply chain has been interrupted
- you have fewer or no customers or clients
- your staff are unable to come in to work
- one or more of your contracts have been cancelled
- you had to buy protective equipment so you could trade following social distancing rules,
Find out more and make your claim here.