Enfield Substance Misuse Service is looking for therapists who can commit to one half day weekly or bi weekly, to join their team working with a range of clients who are seeking help with substance misuse problems. Clients can be in various stages of recovery.
Suitable candidates need to be qualified in or nearing the end of a substantial training in at least one of the following therapies, or similar:
- Indian head massage
- Chair massage
- Mindfulness / Relaxation Group Work
Whilst there is no financial remuneration, they do ask therapists to see it as an extension of CPD, an opportunity to develop professional expertise whilst helping some of the most vulnerable members of society.
Therefore in exchange for working with them you will:
- Gain extensive experience of working with clients in the substance misuse field and an understanding of the many complex issues affecting these clients.
- Experience working with a close multi-disciplinary team
- NHS experience
- In-house supervision and treatment exchange with fellow therapists.
You need to hold full professional insurance that covers the therapy that you intend to practice, membership of appropriate professional body, and should have the following attributes:
- Good communicator
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Good listening skills, calm and non-judgemental
- Observe robust client / professional boundaries
- To comply with health and safety, confidentiality, safeguarding and all other policies
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Have empathy for people experiencing mental health issues.
You will be required to carry out an enhanced DBS disclosure which is free of charge and we will apply for on your behalf.
For more information or to apply:
Please provide a brief covering letter along with your CV to: email@example.com
This is an emerging area of medicine and NHS experience and a good reference may help with longer term career prospects.
Don’t worry if you are newly qualified…they will provide you with support!