Change, grow, live is a substance misuse charity in London. They are seeking volunteer complementary therapists who would like to offer their time to support their clients in their recovery.
They will get expenses and supervision and experience of working with their clients in a health and social care setting.
Location: 184 Royal College Street NW1 9NN
- Welcome service users accessing the project
- Provide alternative therapy to clients
- Assess clients physical and psychological health needs in relation to the therapy being provided
- Agree a number of sessions with each client to meet their needs
- Complete CGL reviews with clients at various stage throughout their treatment
- Maintain client records and enter appointments onto the database
- Attend regular administrative supervision
- Attend any training as required provided by CGL
- To manage a safe and clean environment
- A recognised qualification in an Complementary Therapy
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- An empathic understanding of drug use, alcohol use, homelessness, mental health or offending
- Able to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to attend regular supervision
- Willingness to undergo regular training
For this particular post we ask that you are available for at least two hours per week, preferably the same day each week for client continuity.
Please send completed applications to:
Closing date: 12 May 2019