Naomi House & Jacksplace hospices is looking for Complementary therapists to give free treatments to the children, young adults and their families that come to stay at Naomi House & Jacksplace. All of the therapists will need to be fully qualified, insured and ideally have some experience of working with children and young adults with life limited & life threatened conditions.
Provide complementary therapies such as Massage, Reflexology, Acupuncture and Reiki to the children and young adults as well as their families.
Preferred qualities and skills
- A relevant complementary therapy professional qualification and membership with an
- Associated professional governing body
- Your own professional indemnity insurance
- Ideally some experience of working with children and young adults
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to understand the needs and backgrounds of others
- Can respond to need in a flexible, positive and open manner
- Willing to operate as part of a team and refer complex issues to an appropriate member of
- Staff when required.
Ellie Rushton, Lead Practice Educator and Volunteer Account Manager
Training and Induction:
- Induction & tour of Naomi House and Jacksplace
- Health and Safety
- Confidentiality, safeguarding & professional boundaries
Support and Supervision:
You will need to be able to attend an initial training session, then ongoing training and support sessions throughout the year. This is to be completed by the Volunteer Account Manager & Lead Practice Educator
Ideally be able to volunteer on a weekly basis 2-4 hours a week.