The Disability Foundation (RDF) is seeking qualified therapists, specialising in remedial, therapeutic and sports massage, to work on a voluntary basis as part of it’s team of approximately 40 complementary therapists. CNHC registrants are welcome to apply.
TDF is a small registered charity based in the grounds of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, in Stanmore, NW London. TDF offers complementary therapies to anyone affected by a disability, chronic illness or medical health condition, whether seen or unseen, and anyone involved in their care.
Available four hours per week. TDF is open Monday to Saturday – (availability to work on a Saturday morning particularly welcome)
- Commitment of six to twelve months
- Qualification - Level 3 or above
- Up to date insurance documents
- Satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service certificate (TDF will apply & pay on your behalf)
- Two satisfactory references
First-hand experience and practice working with disabled people, their carers and those with long-term health conditions
- Mentoring and support from TDF’s experienced senior therapists
- Treatment room, towels and oils provided
- Client appointments arranged
- Hours worked contribute towards CPD points
- Travel expenses can be covered up to £15 per week
If you would like to apply please email recruitment with your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you would like to join the TDF team.