An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Complementary Therapist to join the friendly Therapy team at Saint Catherine’s Hospice. They are looking for a dynamic individual that will provide patient-centred assessments and treatments to those using the In-Patient and the evolving Wellbeing Centre Services.
- Salary Range: £23,023 - £26,963
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm)
- Duration of Contract: Permanent
- Closing Date for completed applications: 9am Wednesday 22nd August 2018
- Interview Date: Friday 31st August 2018
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a high standard of Complementary Therapy as part of the multidisciplinary team and promote the role of this service. They will provide patient-centred assessments and treatments to those using the In-Patient and the evolving Wellbeing Centre Services. They will lead on the recruitment, coordination and supervision of volunteers to deliver a robust Complementary Therapy Service. They will also evaluate the service and develop it accordingly with consideration given to resources and service needs.
Essential Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A nationally recognised qualification from an awarding body that is regulated by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) For England in at least the following therapies; Massage, Reflexology, and Aromatherapy
- Registration with the appropriate regulatory body including either Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council Registered (CNHC) or The Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) or intention to join.
- Significant experience in practicing therapies you are qualified in (minimum of 2 years post qualification) including experience with patients with palliative or life limiting conditions.
- Ability to deliver best practice safely within professional guidelines including the knowledge/awareness around contraindications of treatments.
- Ability to develop and drive the Complementary Therapy Service forwards.
- Experience and ability to recruit, lead and supervise a team of Volunteer Therapists to support service delivery.
- Demonstrate genuine interest in and understanding of palliative care and work of Saint Catherine’s.
- Ability to offer person-centred care by tailoring treatments to the patients individual needs.
- Demonstrate advanced communication skills including verbal and non-verbal.
- Demonstrate Continuing Professional Development including the ability to reflect and critique areas for development in your own practice.
- Ability to write clear documentation with current knowledge and understanding of clinical governance including confidentiality and data protection.
- Ability to work as part of the multidisciplinary team as well as practice autonomously.
- Ability to promote the role of Complementary Therapy to patients, carers, staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- Ability to work within the departmental budget, manage resources including the ordering, safe storage and disposal of essential oils and products.
- Demonstrate IT skills with minimum ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Demonstrate excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Demonstrate teaching skills to an individual or group in order to deliver therapy such as guided relaxation or teaching staff and carer’s methods to assist patient care.
- Ability to evaluate outcome measures inclusive of service user feedback for audit purposes to inform service effectiveness and development.
- Complete a Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced level check and clearance
- Provide valid work permit (if applicable)
- Provide Hepatitis B status
For an informal discussion or further information please contact: Jen Milburn, Therapy Team Leader on 01723 351421.
For an Application Pack please email: firstname.lastname@example.org