CNHC works with a number of professional associations who check the details of practitioners' training, insurance and experience and confirms whether they are eligible for CNHC registration. All of these organisations have met CNHC's Quality Assurance criteria in respect of this function. Below we have set out the steps involved to start the application process.
Step by step guide on how to register for CNHC:
- Step 1 – scroll down this page and check the list of occupations we register.
- Step 2 – click on the occupation you are interested in registering for and you will see a drop down list of professional associations.
- Step 3 – check to see if you belong to any of the professional associations listed.
- Step 4
a) if you do belong to a professional association on the list, click on the link to your association and you will be directed either to a ‘CNHC Request to Register’ form or to the association website with instructions on how to apply. In all cases you will need to complete a ‘CNHC Request to Register’ form provided by your association. This form needs to be returned to your association. Please note you may need to login to the members area on your Association's website to access the form. Please do not return the ‘Request to Register’ form to CNHC as we cannot process it.
b) if you do not belong to a professional association listed, please call 020 3668 0406 or email email@example.com and we will explain how you can proceed with your application to register.
- Step 5 – if you wish to register for more than one occupation on our register, please repeat steps 1-4 for each. If you belong to one association for multiple occupations on our register you may be able to complete one form to apply. (For example, if you wish to apply for CNHC registration for massage therapy, reflexology and aromatherapy and you belong to the Complementary Therapy Association (CThA) for those therapies, you can click on the link to CThA below and complete one form to apply for all three occupations).
The annual registration fee is currently £70 for your first discipline. It is then £10 per each additional discipline (to a maximum of four, after which it is free). For further information on the cost of registration please see our Fee Schedule
Start the application process by clicking on your occupation below:
- Association for Professional Hypnosis & Psychotherapy (APHP)
- Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH)
- British Association of Therapeutic Hypnotists & NLP practitioners (BAThH)
- British Institute of Hypnotherapy (BIH)
- British Society of Clinical Hypnosis (BSCH)
- General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- Hypnotherapy Association
- National Association of Counsellors, Hypnotherapists & Psychotherapists (NACHP)
- National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- National Council of Psychotherapists (NCP)
- National Society of Hypnosis, Psychotherapy & Mindfulness
- National Society of Professional Hypnotherapists (NSPH)
- Association of Biodynamic Massage Therapists (ABMT)
- Association of Physical & Natural Therapists (APNT)
- Complementary Health Professionals (CHP)
- Complementary Therapists' Association (CThA)
- Institute of Sport & Remedial Massage (ISRM)
- LCSP Register of Remedial Masseurs and Manipulative Therapists (LCSP)
- Massage Training Institute (MTI)
- National Association of Massage & Manipulative Therapists (NAMMT)
- The Association for Soft Tissue Therapists (SMA)
- Scottish Massage Therapists Organisation (SMTO)
- Sports Therapy Organisation (STO)