In response to an identified need, CNHC has developed detailed Advertising Guidance for registrants. Please click here to view a copy: Advertising Guidance
The CAP Copy Advice Team provides a free advice service and will check advertising claims prior to publication – usually within 24 hours (please ensure you leave ample time between seeking advice and amending your advertising prior to publication). They can be contacted through the CAP website
Additional helpful information and advice on advertising is also available on the Advertising Standards Agency website
CNHC Guidance on the Cancer Act 1939
CNHC has also produced guidance about advertising in relation to the Cancer Act 1939 and we recommend that all CNHC registered practitioners read this. Please click here to view a copy: CNHC Guidance - Cancer Act 1939
Clear Sexual Boundaries
Other relevant sources of guidance on the responsibilities of all healthcare practitioners include the Council for Healthcare Regulatory Excellence (now the Professional Standards Authority). Please click here to see an example:Clear Sexual Boundaries
HMRC Support and Guidance
Links to webinars, e-learning, emails and videos:
- HMRC Business help and education emails: Sign up to HMRC’s free email service
- HMRC Learning Support for self-employed practitioners.
- HMRC Support for Company Directors for practitioners running limited companies and / or employing staff.
- Tax for Health Professionals for all health care professionals who are running their own businesses
- Self-employed Business Expenses
- Simplified expenses for the self-employed
- HMRC YouTube Channel
Search the Register
To find a local complementary therapist, enter your own postcode or town/city and select how many miles from there that you want to search.
You can narrow your search by selecting a particular type of therapy from the drop down list.
Alternatively you can search for a therapist by name.