University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH) is seeking an experienced clinical aromatherapist to join an established team working in cancer services at University College hospital. The complementary therapy team work as part of a wider support and information team which includes counsellors, psychologists, information specialists and welfare and benefits advisors.
UCLH is one of the most complex NHS trusts in the UK, serving a large and diverse population. Complementary therapy is provided to inpatients, outpatients and their family members in the cancer services division which covers oncology, haematological cancers and red cell conditions.
The candidate must hold a recognised qualification in aromatherapy, massage and at least one other therapy to include reflexology, Reiki or relaxation techniques and be available to work 4 days a week from Tuesday to Friday.
Additional requirements for the role include:
• At least 2 years experience practicing clinical aromatherapy in a healthcare setting
• At least 2 years experience of providing other therapies practiced in a healthcare setting
• CNHC registration and full current insurance to practice
• flexiblility and capablility to work without supervision
• the ability to work as a supportive member of a team
• ability to confidently supervise more junior colleagues and volunteer therapists
• confidence to deliver teaching sessions to patients or staff
• understanding of the psychosocial needs of cancer patients and their families.
- Main area: Aromatherapy
- Grade: Band 5
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: Part Time 30 hours per week
- Salary: £26,554 - £34,495 per annum inclusive pro rata
- Location: London
- Closing date: 9 May 2017 23:59
- Provisional interview date: mid may 2017